Saturday, January 2, 2010

Talks with friends and vintage family movies

Today has been another splendid day! I can think of only one small thing I would change if I could.

One of the highlights was the opportunity to watch old family videos from my dad's childhood. Because he was an "air force brat," the videos showed his life on Guam, in California, Michigan, Missouri, and Alabama. He was much the same when he was 8 as he is now which was really weird to see! haha :) Sometimes I forget that my parents used to be my age too. Also, my uncle Wayne was in the videos. He died at the age of 19 from Leukemia and I never had the chance to meet him unfortunately. I've been told we're a lot alike which I take as total compliment! He seemed so cool and free spirited. If I'm not like him, I hope that one day I will be. I had actually only seen one picture of him with hair before his chemotherapy so I hardly recognized him in the videos.

Anyway, there's my day.

I tried to get pictures of the blue moon last night. They only come once every 19 years and this time it fell on New Years Day. How cool is that? It was gorgeous but I was unable to capture it decently. Oh well.

Sincerely,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment