Friday, January 29, 2010

Invisible becoming visible



By now many people have heard of the Invisible Children campaign and since I was in ninth grade I have been aware of it. Even before then Uganda had been a place very dear to me although I really have no idea why. I have always felt a pull to the country and the people there.

More than almost anything in the world I want to travel there and get to know the people and document their lives. But even more importantly I want to show God's love to them. Here in America I am so blessed and submerged in love. There has never been a shortage of it in my life----ever. I want to reach out to the people in Uganda and show them the love I have been given. Every time I read something on Uganda (or any other country in the world) or see pictures I want to hop on a plane and help wherever needed. There has to be a way I can show these people how deeply I care for them even if I have never met them and they don't even know of my existence.

Maybe one day God will present an opportunity to me to travel to Uganda or another third world country. Actually, on second thought I would love to be able to go on ANY missions trip. I have never been one but have always wanted to. One day if it's God's will, maybe I will be able to. :)

Have a wonderful evening, all! It snowed today (a lot! more than I have seen here in at LEAST 10 years.... I think we got about 4 inches) so I will be spending my weekend in the snow.

-S

1 comment: