Friday, January 1, 2010

"Somewhere only we know...."





I love them both so much.......



Somehow those lyrics describe today perfectly.

Today was the best possible way to begin a new year. Spending it with two of my best friends was wonderful. Just talking and listening to music was perfect. I enjoyed the encouragement I received from Emily today. We had the opportunity to just sit and lie in a field and talk in the freezing temperatures. It was glorious. She greatly encouraged me not to worry about the year to come. She helped put this into perspective which was needed.
So thank you, Emily. I really enjoyed out talk today! Let's return to that same spot with a picnic and Micah very soon if possible.

After having such a wonderful first day of 2010, how can the rest of the year not be good? I'm excited for whatever God has in store for me. :)

Alrighty. Here are my resolutions:
1.) Continue running and build up my mileage further. Just get fit in general.
2.) Graduate high school.
3.) Start college.
4.) Keep in touch with friends.
5.) Journal more often.
6.) Attempt poetry (yup, I'm gonna try).
7.) Try at least one thing new every day. I tried this last year and rather enjoyed it. :)
8.) Listen to more amazing music and share it with more people.
9.) Become a better friend on a spiritual level. I want to get better about asking my friends what they need prayer for and ask how they're REALLY doing.
10.) Learn to procrastinate less. ha. This might be the hardest to keep.
11.) No cokes. Not a biggy though cause I rarely drink them every once in a while. But, I've decided that when I go to Moe's I can have a Micah (yup, that's what Anna named it. It's sprite and tea mixed). I usually get water there, but on the rare occasions that I don't, I'll allow myself to get one.
12.) Learn new skills. I haven't decided what yet, but I'll work on that and keep you posted. :)
13.) Get better about gossip. I give into this more often than I would like. It's hard, but I hate it so much. After I gossip I feel so guilty.
14.) Do as many small deeds this year as possible. Just little things that will make someone's day a little better if they're down.

Okay, that's a long list but a lot of those aren't hard. And they aren't very specific so I won't beat myself up if I mess one up. haha

So, despite the below freezing temps out tonight, I'm going to sit on the roof with my journal and enjoy the glory of the full moon this evening.

G'night all. Happy New Year! May God bless you in whatever is coming your way in 2010! :)

As Always,
Sara

2 comments:

  1. I read, and loved, all three posts. But I'm just commenting on this one. First of all! The title so fits, and yes, before we ever thing of doing anything else, we should go to that place and have a glorious picnic out in the sunshine (hopefully).
    Second-I'm so glad I can encourage you. You know that God has you in His hands and won't let go for the world (literally) so wherever he takes all of us...is going to be the best thing for us.
    Third-BLUE MOON?! How did I miss this?!

    See you sometime...my mom is still in her "lock emily up" mind set...so We'll see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! It was gorgeous and we won't have another for 19 years! Who KNOWS when it'll fall on New Years Day again! It was so pretty (dang it, I used the word).

    ReplyDelete