Thursday, October 21, 2010

1 Peter 5:6

Today I head back to school from Fall Break.  I'm not really sure what awaits me up there on the mountain….. situations over break back here at home have made returning there even more confusing and frustrating.
As I sat down for my quiet time this morning, I wasn't really sure where to begin reading.  I decided to look up the word "strife" in the concordance in the back of my Bible.  I remember reading one verse, which led to another then another, and somehow I ended up in 1 Peter (which the concordance didn't even list as a book that had anything to do with strife).
Reading through this book proved to be exactly what I needed today.  I came across a few passages I had underlined from previous studies here.
One verse that is short and to the point that fits my situation perfectly right now is:

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you."
                                                                     ~1 Peter 5:6
Thank you, Jesus for that reminder.
I hope this verse is in some way applicable to your life too today…. :)

Alright, I must go back to head back to my home on the mountain. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment