Friday, July 16, 2010

"For youth and the dawn of life are vanity"

Lately I've been reading through Ecclesiastes. Honestly, this is the first time I've read all the way through it and I'm loving it....
Today I went back to Ecclesiastes 2:18-26 where it talks about The Vanity of Toil. Ha. This is a big problem for me. I'm always striving to do stuff on my own and not giving it to God.  Pretty much this section of scripture was just talking about how all of our toil is vain and useless; instead we should find joy IN the toil instead of working to benefit from it.
Also, one other verse I went back to today:
"Rejoice, O young man, in your youth, and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth.  Walk in the ways of your heart and the sights of your eyes.  But know that for all these things God will bring you into judgement.  Remove vexation from your heart, and put away pain from your body, for you and the dawn or life are vanity."
~Ecclesiastes 11:9-10
I like he he worded it.... sort of "go-ahead-and-do-it-but-you're-gonna-pay-for-it-later". haha
Anyway, that's all for now. I'm in a blogging mood so probably more soon. :)
Have a wonderful day everyone!

-Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment